<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d4394193242096349926\x26blogName\x3dantheasanthem.blogspot\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://antheasanthem.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://antheasanthem.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8074768319631382658', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yersterday night, I was having a conversation with L on the phone, and without finalising details, the phone was hung up. Waited for a call back, yet got nothing, so I was awake till say.. 5? Then, went to bed, set double alarms to catch the flight in the morning.

Fast forward to this morning, woke up at 9.30am, which was the stipulated time. Tried to get through to L, still nothing, so dropped him an sms telling him that my flight would arrive at 3+, not 4+ like he said it would be. No reply. Packed, got my stuff ready to go, and realized that I was a teensy bit late. Got a cab, told the driver to STEP ON IT! and then, CRASH.

Car accident. Just a minor scratch on a major lorry, and I get delayed by a grand total of just 10 minutes. Reached budget terminal, only to see the gate closing before my eyes.

There, another flight missed. But wait! All is not over yet! Went to the ticketing counter to be told that all flights to Macau are either cancelled or full, until Saturday, and that the same Saturday ticket would set me back another $190. Then wouldn't it be better that I just buy a whole new ticket? I asked. And the person at the counter went, yep, Saturday flights are usually more expensive. Sheesh.

So, dropped L an sms. Still no reply. At a crossroads over what step to take next.. decided to jet to Hong Kong then ferry to Macau, since I've never been to Hong Kong before anyway. Dropped him a message. Got onto the next flight to Hong Kong on Singapore Airlines. Dropped him another message, saying that I'd be "on the 130 SQ to HK". So, according to him, he checked and there's no SQ130.

Now, let's start with a poll. How many people would just try and figure out that 130 actually means 1.30pm, or would think that I made up some ghost plane ride that goes to HK?

Yep.

Then, reached HK international airport, still no sign of him. Frustrated. Basically, all means of common sense are gone here. If you can't reach someone on your phone, use someone else's. If other phones don't work, buy a prepaid card. If that doesn't work, try to call the other party's contacts. If that still fails, be there waiting, and just use a miniscule part of your brain to realize that 130 means my flight leaves at 1.30pm, and go figure out my arrival, hence, my flight number. Because on my part, I've taken a plane to have no hope of finding you, it's that hard for you to take a ferry to me?

So basically, now I'm here at the airport waiting, albeit blogging. I can't buy a ticket, because my card has zilch left, after everything's been drawn out. I can't get on the next flight, because that would mean $1k SGD, and even so, it's 8am tomorrow morning, and then 11.30am after that. I can't go anywhere, because your ass is on its way here, and I would be a bitch if I didn't wait, would I not?

All I'm hoping for right now, is a ticket home, and an end to all my misery. But, that wouldn't happen so nicely now, would it?



Prologue
ANTHEA
15/10/1989, into fast cars, black/silver/grey, good foie gras, poker, a degenerate gambler. Hooked on appealing visuals and in love with the world's most retarded poker player, Lance.

Chatbox

Network
+ Facebook
+ Email
+ Rubbish Log
♥ Lance
♥♥ Yink
Sharon
Carmelita
Daryl
Denise
Esther
Celestina
Gerald
Guo Hao
Jacklynn
Jane
Michele
Nicole
Shukk
Sshroomss Past
Sshroomss Present
Steph K.
Steph O.
Ting
Xiao Ting

Designed by Shirleen/Jialing

Plurk
Plurk.com

Archives
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009